“This program presents an extraordinary opportunity for area business to get involved in shaping our future workforce.”
Curt Thompson - CTE Coordinator
School to Careers Program
Get a head start on your career. Make connections to professionals in the community and build your resume. Apply your classroom learning to the real world. Challenge yourself and have fun!
Check out these opportunities:
- Mentorships - Meet with a professional who can support your goals and give you inside information about pursuing a career in your field of interest.
- Job Shadow - Experience a “day in the life” of a professional who has a job that interests you.
- Internship - Complete a short term placement at a partner job site that will give you a taste of working in a particular profession.
- Work Site Tours - Get a close-up look at a local business or organization.
- Career Skills Training - Gain the skills needed for success in the workplace including interview skills and resume development, interpersonal communication skills, workplace etiquette, work ethic, and the importance of a drug-free workplace.
Interested? Give us your information in the online interest form.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Check out the FAQs to see eligibility requirements.
- Step 2: Give us your information in the online interest form.
- Step 3: The School to Careers Coordinator will contact you to discuss a potential career experience placement.
- Step 4: Complete your pre-placement training.
- Step 5: Complete your placement.
- Step 6: Complete the evaluation process.
For more information contact:
School to Careers Coordinator
PHS Careers Teacher